Monday 25 June 2012

Man In His Own Skin

Some more chicken scratch of the past that I never found a place for...


The heavens opened up and down came the rain
I stood there alone for hours
Hoping to wash away the stain
The midnight calm refused to set me free
A prayer never answered
When the daylight refused to let me be

              At a crossroad yet with nowhere to go
              I stood alone for hours
              And I waited for my fate to show
              I heard the whispers on the breeze
             When I asked where they were going
              They never did answer me

Like a prisoner left tied and bound
Struggling to escape
I remain caged in this forsaken town
I picked the lock without a key
Still surrounded by bars
There can be no escaping me




No comments:

Post a Comment