Friday 27 April 2012

Bridging The Gap

Copyrighted@RobMason2012

Shrouded from the outside world
Alone with my thoughts
Unfocused and uninhibited
Yet determined
This time there's no going back
I have come again for the intangible
Often a visitor
But tonight changes everything
I reside here
Or else I reside nowhere
Above my own plain
Existing of alternate ego
Kept in secret
Reserved only for me
That gap will be bridged
The bridge will be crossed
Not burned
Not this time
A leap of faith coercing
A step into the abyss
It changes nothing else
Nothing but me
My hand held high
In extension
Reaching for the unobtainable
To the limit
Fingers are stretched
And stretched some more
To feel it's texture
Take in it's essence
Cryptic and for a cause
What for I do not know
Or perhaps
Too personal to tell
Is there an aroma
I cannot say
Yet I can almost taste it
It lingers
Harassing in nature
It will not let me be
And I will not let it go
I keep writing
And write some more
I present curious
Maybe I am desperate
For an epiphany
One will suffice
For a life out of sync
Without rhyme
Without reason
Some see obsessive
I feel addicted
There are higher callings
But none calling me
And I write














No comments:

Post a Comment