Tuesday 24 April 2012

Giving Half To Be Whole

I remember the first night we met
As if closing my eyes
I strayed into a dream
A beauty of life that had escaped me
Now basking
With weary eyes and grateful for
For what a barren heart had not felt
On this night
Moments to memories
Familiar becomes rekindled
Of a wanting
While remaining silent
Now released
It is a river raging
Close enough to touch you
Yet I dare not
Nearer to your lips
I recede
A man who doubts
Never sure of himself
Lets in love
Yet never lets love out
Just your presence
No flaws
Only my perceptions
What I am is not near enough
Yet what I want
No longer seeming distant
I could risk my heart
What man wouldn't
To be more than he is
Giving away a partial of himself
Living half
For wanting whole






No comments:

Post a Comment