Sunday 29 April 2012

Medicating Myself

Copyrighted@RobMason2012

Among us
Now availing transparent
Cultivating amnesia
But I remember
Their fingers always pointing
At you then at me
The instigator
A victim
Only they decide when
Manufacturing misinformation
I will not be their consumer
Just another enemy
With straight jacket objectivity
Enslaving the masses
Totalitarian with our permission
Still the activists
In a spectator democracy
Inalienable rights are denied
As we remain in denial
Complacency creeping in
Then that day came
And we disowned ourselves
Each premonition was foretold
All of us were entertained
One by one and we watched
Each domino fell
While all of us were entertained
Medicating pleasure
The new wonder drug of choice
Society high and overdosed
Combating the symptoms
I medicate myself

No comments:

Post a Comment