Monday 2 April 2012

Empty Vases

Stepping out into the night
You hope to find true love again
Here I am all alone
In need of a loving friend
Still searching for Mr. Right
I'm not him but not that wrong
When you find this world too lonely
Perhaps I could tag along
You could hold my hand if you want to
And maybe I could steal a kiss
Learning to limit our expectations
Every night could be like this
Two lovers or just two friends
Is better than where we've been
Never needing to read between lines
Can loving be a truthful sin
With your caviar and champagne
And all the flowers men are sending
You have no more empty vases
And still no happy ending
Flowers grow in open fields
I could pick your favourite one
Champagne will leave a sour taste
When the lonely morning comes
You could be my lover
I will be your friend
With nothing ever written in stone
Trading back and forth again
I know I am not what you wanted
I had hoped for something more
We could still share our loneliness
Until we find what we're looking for








No comments:

Post a Comment